• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

what brand of lock on a T/C flinter???

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My understanding is that they made their own...
(double click my ID roundball and you'll see mine - VBG)

quote:Originally posted by bob1961:
this is a pic of my flintlock.Nice picture bob1961:
Did you notice how the dog is looking at the cat, as your flintlock is pointing it's way?
grin.gif

Your dog is a thinking... "If I can just get little bobby to move out of the way, I can inch my right front leg over to the trigger..."
rolleyes.gif

Wal, Dixies catalog is a sayin on page 123
"standard for all Thompson Center rifles except their In-lines" and then lists 8 parts. One of um is a "Top Jaw Screw". Now couzen my T/C precussions don't have such a thang Ah would have to say it's fer a flinter.
Now if Ah scritch my head a little a dim little lite is a comin on what says T/C makes the Flintlock fer their guns.
smile.gif

i'm going to be restocking it with a 90% curly maple stock come spring....i'll have the after pic's then.....................bob

Bob,

You have you thought of stripping the wood that is there and trying a tru-oil finish?

From your picture, that looks like a pretty nice piece of wood.

yeah zonie....that's why i want to restock mine....i need more drop to it....i think that's where i'm going to get my stock from....do you have the web site for them....the one i have in my favorites is not working.............bob

Bob1961: Their site isn't working for me either right now but it is www.longrifles-pr.com or search google for Pecatonica River.

I assume you know this is a typical semi finished stock so you will have to install the buttplate. Gives you the option of customizing the pull Just For You even if your 7 feet tall. There is about 2 1/2 inches of extra wood in that area.

Bob: I see your going to restock with Maple.
I don't know where you'r getting the wood but I restocked my T/C .50 with Pecatonica Rivers stock.

Their stock is not a "drop in" where the breech plug fits or the barrel wedge for that matter but with a few chisels and some patients it isn't real hard to do.

Their stock has about 1 inch more drop in it than the factory stock so it comes to the eye very nicely without increasing felt recoil. It sure looks pretty to!

hey zonie they where working on there site it's up now....yup i know that the butt is unfinished....do you know if it's inletted for the patchbox?....i would like to leave it off this stock....don't really use it and would like to do some carving or inlays there or something else not sure yet........................bob

Back