• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What is the screw on Renegade double trigger?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekyle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have a Thompson Renegade 54 caliber with double triggers and the "curly" piece at the rear of the trigger assembly.

What is the purpose of that small screw between the triggers?

It looks to be only partially screwed in because I can see quite a few threads.
Thanks

It adjusts the set trigger. You screw it in to lighten the trigeger pull. Just don't screw it in so far it is unsafe. You don't want the rifle to be able to go off half cocked. Also, if you are testing it or dryfiring, leave the hammer all the way down,or there is a chance you will break the nose off the sear.

I have a Thompson Renegade 54 caliber with double triggers and the "curly" piece at the rear of the trigger assembly.

What is the purpose of that small screw between the triggers?

It looks to be only partially screwed in because I can see quite a few threads.
Thanks

Also, per TC's manual, the basic adjustment of the "set trigger" is to cock the rear trigger, then slowly screw in the adjusting screw until the front trigger just barely trips, then unscrew the adjusting screw one full turn

Back