• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's with the PC police?!?!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osprey

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody catch the big red warning on the main forum page for the hunting section that says "Warning, this may contain pictures of dead animals"???? When did the PC police take over the forum. If the muzzleloading forum feels the need to start this manure I'm thinking this is no longer a good place to visit.

Easy now. I fail to see the problem. Do you watch hunting shows on TV? Do you take offense to their warning about taped impact shots? Do you stop watching their program because of it?

I don't see it as anything but polite advise to the faint of heart........although what they'd be doing here anyway is beyond me other than looking for something to make trouble over. :shake:

:2

Hi,

They are not "PC Police" or they wouldn't allow the pictures.

They are the “Overly Obvious Patrol” by pointing out to the exceptionally slow who may view a “Traditional Muzzleloading Forum” and are shocked to see animals that have died by lead poisoning and second hand smoke.

This reduces work and stress :cursing: to the moderators caused by hostile emails about the obvious.

I am surprised a fellow Marylander could not tell the difference. We certainty have the “PC Police” in abundance around us.

Drop me a PM and let me know where you shoot at.

:grin:

Osprey said:
When did the PC police take over the forum. If the muzzleloading forum feels the need to start this manure I'm thinking this is no longer a good place to visit.
The "PC Police" haven't taken over anything.

However, the Owner of this "privately owned website" continues to manage it in a respectable way, knowing that children from time to time are looking over mom or dad's shoulder, etc.

A simple "reminder statement" is hardly something I'd say falls into the category of "PC Police".

If something like this is a big issue for you then I agree this may not be the website for you.

Theres no problem with it. We just went through a snag with the bear video I posted and was pulled. I objected to it being pulled because I made sure to warn people before viewing that it may not something they want to watch, after all it contains the death of a bear. Now, theres a big problem with this country as I see it, a big lack of "common sense". In my book you know if theres something you want to view or not and being warned a head of time, you have no right to view it and then come back and complain. Claude in his great wisdom agreed to let the video be reposted and placed a warning in the hunting forum, rightly so in my opinion and I applaud him for that. :hatsoff:

YOu need to remember that Claude lives out there on the "Left " coast, where sensibilities are always on the edge. His warning is most politically correct in these times, and certainly doesn't represent any PC Police action. Far from it. He wants to keep those folks away from this site.

I think it was a smart move, Claude. :thumbsup:

Just seems dumb to have to put a warning on a gun and hunting site, it's not like it's a TV show someone may click on by mistake. Guess we'll have warnings that the sky may be blue and the sun could hurt your eyes. Just a continuation of the dumbing down of society, that and the mistaken and widespread belief that there's some inalienable right to not be offended (though I've never been able to find that one in the constitution).

One more erosion of common sense and a way of life while too many stand by and say it's no big deal. :bull:

Mountainman56 said:
Easy now. I fail to see the problem. Do you watch hunting shows on TV? Do you take offense to their warning about taped impact shots? Do you stop watching their program because of it?

I don't see it as anything but polite advise to the faint of heart........although what they'd be doing here anyway is beyond me other than looking for something to make trouble over. :shake:

:2

Exactly. All the warning means is, the non-hunters have lost the option to complain to me about the photos. :)

Sorry you feel that way.

I can't imagine getting my shorts in a knot over something this insignificant. As Claude says, it simply removes the right of Non-Hunters,( and anti-hunters) to complain to him.

Who in hades cares if the anit-hunters complain? Simply hit the "delete" button on the angry email, and ignore them entirely.

kevthebassman said:
Who in hades cares if the anit-hunters complain? Simply hit the "delete" button on the angry email, and ignore them entirely.

I never said "anti-hunters", I said "non-hunters", which some of the Forum members are. I try my best to treat all our members with the same degree of respect, regardless of whether or not they share my view of the world.

And you do a very good job of it too. :hatsoff:

WAY better than I would be able to sometimes. :wink:

Well said Roundball!I think Claude and all the other moderators are doing a great job.Personally,I hunt and I have no problem whatsoever w/ the warning.But thank you for it just the same,my wife has scolded me for watching hunting videos where the little one's might see it and may not be ready to handle some of the images yet. Sometimes I forget about those looking over my shoulder and their delicate sensibilities.Best regards,J.A.

Back