• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What's your favorite prb caliber for deer?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only shoot Blacktails which are a lot smaller but over the years I cannot say any one bore size has proven to be better than the others some will allow a longer shot at the deer, but I have used .40/.44/.45/.50/.54/.58/.62/.72 and all have done well if I do my part and hunt responsibly, I guess a gun is like a woman the one I like best is the one I'm with..........as for guns at this point it would be .58 or .62 a tossup with the .62 having a very slight edge in range due to a rear sight, but the .58 is hands down the best feeling, most comfortable gun I have ever owned.

Hands down it's the.58 for me! I like blood trails that you can follow blind folded on your hands and knees. BJH

Currently it is a .735 prb from my Brown Bess. I don't have to track that far too often ! :wink: Best regards,JA

Back