• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wheelock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
can't find a source for a wheelock rifle, already made that is, other than loyalist arms who has an enormous wait time. anyone have a suggestion. would really like to have one.....nay, pray tell, I NEED one!

Cable:

can't find a source for a wheelock rifle, already made that is, other than loyalist arms who has an enormous wait time. anyone have a suggestion. would really like to have one.....nay, pray tell, I NEED one!

I'm sad to say that Loyalist Arms botched up the lock mechanism on my Wheellock in a big way. The wrong parts were installed without my knowning and Loyalist insisted that the parts were correct. :curse:

I sent my lock to Leonard Day and he was able to make the correct parts and get the lock to work correctly.

As a matter of fact, Leonard Day is now building a .62 Wheellock Arquebus after he got a hold of an original. Every one of his finished guns that I have seen are some of the finest made guns I had ever seen! :) If you don't mind spending $1800, then he is the man to contact. I commissioned Mr. Day to build one for me after he is finished building me my Snaphaunce. :) :D ::

Mr. Day has moved recently so he has a new phone number and address now.

If not, then Albion Small Arms is another source. They have started building Wheellock muskets again. The only thing is that since it is from England, they will only build smoothbores due to the laws over there. Albion Small arms can be found at http://www.albion-small-arms.freeserve.co.uk/.

Good luck in your search! :)

Back