• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

when can i get a bargon?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodie30_30

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Is there a time of year that mfgs come out with new year models i am in hopes that this id a good time to pick up a good year end model bp rifle for less $$$ if any one knows when and where the deals are near slc utah let me know.

p.s. utah has a 2 month old cabela's retail store im watching them for deals but nothing yet. :thanks:

Just speculation on my part, since I haven't been in this hobby very long, but I don't think manufacturers of traditional style muzzleloaders come out with new models all that often. How long has T/C been making a Hawken copy, maybe 30 years? I don't know.

The thing to do is decide what you need, and how much you want to spend. From there, you can figure out what you need to do to get from point A to point B. I found a great bargain on a slightly (*very* slightly) used Lyman GPR using the classifieds page on this forum.

Took me a while to figure out what a "bargon" was. :: Curiosity got the best of me, and I finally had to read this thread to find out. My best guess before I read the text was some mountain man was looking for a "bear gun"..... :crackup:

you might check out local gunshows and look for good used ones. with the big switch to inlines alot of folks dumped their sidelocks and if cared for, they often are good deals. I recently came across a very nice Lyman GPR at a show for $160, but didn't need it...

Well here in houston at the end of the bug game seasom's you can get awsem deal's on gun's and archery tackle.The pawn shop's are flooded with stuff.Sorey I couldent provide much more then[url] that.Side[/url] locks cant relly be improved on as in my opinion they have gotten as good as they can and that is about perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back