• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to find #10 caps?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Sportsmans warehouse the other day looking for #11 caps and all they had were #10's. I did buy two tins of them to see how they work in my rifles. Yuma Az.

Ironic I was in sportsmans yesterday and all they had were musket caps, des moines ia.

Sorry to not be clear, I was asking if its the same as a regular hazmat like primers?

Hey Mushka....You better run back down there...I was in Sportsmans Wherehouse yesterday in Yuma and they had CCI and RWS #11 caps in stock
cheers

Someone on this site posted his method on how to re-size #11 caps to make them smaller. I have never tried this, and I cannot remember who originally posted it, but I saved a copy for my own use if ever needed:

Oversize caps are easily and symmetrically re-sized using a small socket from a ¼'' ratchet set. Either a 5/32” or 4mm size will work.

!674892-4b3503bd17634778d4db1e4cac8ce4a0.jpg
!674893-9fcb125007c8e1f7de9714b2ea8eca78.jpg

Simply place cap on hard flat surface open side up and apply downward force with the socket. A gentle tap may be required. If the re-sized cap resists being removed from the socket gently grab it with pliers and rock it back and forth.

I modified my socket slightly with a pointed stone on a Dremel tool to provide a forcing cone of sorts.

Back