• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

where to get some really cool kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pghrich

32 Cal.
Reaction score
after coming home from a walkthru shoot this past weekend i got a hankerin to make some stuff.
first a kit to make a pan primer from antler.
second a patch knife and sheif
and anything elese you guys can suggest
keep in mine i have limited experience.

So much of this kind of stuff is to see one, see a pic, or have a good idea. Then start whitlling and hacking. Sounds like the deal for the primer, but Log Cabin has quite an array of knife kits as I recall, as do some others.

I'd provide a link, but I'm on the road and not on my own computer, so I'd have to google it up. Give it a try.

Yep, look close and get some ideas, then get to whittlin'.

Check the Craftsman and Photos forums here for ideas. Also check the links in the Member Resource section to get an idea of what the suppliers are selling. Track of the Wolf, October Country, and others come to mind.

I've made my own leather shooting bags, belt pouches, and ball bags. Used antler to make powder measures and handles for knifes, short starter, and nipple pick. Workin' on a small powder horn and a primer horn now and still figgerin' out card weaving.

Building your own gear is as much fun as using it. There's never an end to the stuff you can make with a little time and effort. Have fun and post your successes. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back