• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where to go??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Browning_68

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Kind of new to the area of Colorado Springs and I'm wondering if there are any good places close by to go bunny hunting? Any one close by up for a hunt?

I have been going up to Eleven Mi Res area just because it pretty close. Season is over Wed but next yr I wouldn't mind the company.

I haven't looked at the regs yet but figured it would be close to the end of season. What about coyotes, they have a season? Next season I may or may not be around? Trying to get back to Idaho as fast as my wife can get out of the army.

Ever see any out around eleven mile res? If theres bunnies out there I'd assume there would be yote's as well?

There's yotes just about everywhere. I hear em often while at home in Arvada. Lots of activity around 11 mile so maybe a bit spooky. Last time I drove the elkhorn from 24 to 285 we saw three yotes. There are some large trust lands and SWA properties in south park. You can get maps, etc on the PAW site.

I'll look into getting some maps, found a wildlife area up past woodland park last weekend that looks interesting.

Not a problem, just got out myself last October so I'm finally free to plan hunts again. At least three weekends a month any way.

For south park, look at Reinecker Ridge, Badger Basin, Tomahawk and Tarryall SWAs. Also, around 39 mile mountain.

Back