• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

white lightnin' liner for gpr?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walruskid1

54 Cal.
Reaction score
does white lightnin' sell a liner for the gpr? do they have a web site? i would like to speed up locktime/ignition. i have gone back to goex and read EVERY post on flinters. i have absorbed a ton of knowledge from posts and put some of it into practice with good results.

Not specifcally for the GPR, they don't use standard thread sizes. You can put one in, but you will need to drill and tap the hole. Not a real big deal.

The GPR touch hole is drilled to a tiney size all the way through.

That spark is having to travel through a little bitty tunnel 3/8" long to reach the main charge

open the existing touch hole up to about .075 (I personally start off at .085") and your ignition will speed up. Most GPR touch holes a way small.

walruskid1,
White lightning is not a company. Jim Chambers makes and sells them. You can buy the liner the drill and the tap from him. I think the whole kit and kaboodle is less than twenty dollars. Get the 5/16 vent and appropriate drill and tap.
It is well worth it.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia

thanks, i found his web site. 12.00 for the drill/tap. 4.00 for the liner. a bargain at that price, i'll order it next week. i will open up the existing liner and give it a try.

If you are using the stock Lyman liner, and haven't drilled the vent hole out, it is no wonder you are having problems with ignition. The stock hole is really tiny.

i love the rifle, but lock time is measured with a calendar. i also quit using 777.

volatpluvia said:
walruskid1,
White lightning is not a company. Jim Chambers makes and sells them. You can buy the liner the drill and the tap from him. I think the whole kit and kaboodle is less than twenty dollars. Get the 5/16 vent and appropriate drill and tap.
It is well worth it.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia
Is 5/16" the size of the hole to be drilled and tapped into the breech plug?

Once i opened up the hole on the liner on my GPR it worked pretty well. Was even better after i got some Black English flints to use instead of the cut agate one.

went to totw site and looked up white lightnin vent liner and tap/drill kits. what the hell is that other threaded object next to the liner? is that the tap?

I haven't been to their sight and checked. If it is about the size of the drill bit and looks like it is threaded, then i wouod say yes it is the tap.

i know what normal taps look like but i don't recognize this piece. if you get a chance check it out. its under tap and liner sets for white lightnin'

I think what you are looking at is the liner as it comes before installation. They don't have screw driver slots but rather have have an extra shank sticking out to get hold of with vise grips to tighten them into the barrel. This gets cut off and filed flush. BTW you don't take them out unless they are needing to be replaced.
Bill

I think you hit the nail on the head. I didn't even think about someone not knowing what one looks like before installation. Thanks.

roundball,
That is the size of the screw threads. I think the 3/8 would be too big for the flat on the side of a GPR barrel.
YHWH bless.
volatpluvia

Oh, and after you have cut off the lump you use to turn in the liner, you will find the vent hole is already drilled. it is big enough that you will get instant ignition. Trust me. I have two barrels with them installed and they are fast. I have a third waiting to be put into a third barrel when I get around to it.

Back