• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

white tail doe hunt in Montana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wry

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Work obligations, necessary out-of-state travel, and nasty,cold! weather have curtailed hunting for me this fall. Last week I did manage to get out for a day. Took this doe with 90 gr. fffg, pillow ticking patch, .530 rb.

And I know you 'got 'er done' too! I'm sure the guys & gals here would love to see your pic--and read your story! You have a beautiful rifle to show 'em as well. Enjoy the upcoming season in WV! Good luck & keep your powder dry!

It is a John Bonewitz (Womelsdorf School) .54 Rice barrel, Chambers lock, built by Edwin Parry of Blackhart Longarms (check out Ed's website for some delightful eye candy!) The carving and engraving are exquisite. Mr. Parry is an accomplished artist and riflesmith to put it mildly!

No, we are not allowed to hunt in the park. However, white tail doe tags in Montana (just north of the park)are only $75. For those of us who live in Yellowstone, this represents another hunting opportunity in addition to my home state of Wyoming. Because I live at the north entrance, it is actually a lot closer to get to hunting in Montana than it is for me to get out of the park into Wyoming.

I had a real good backpack hunt with my brother years ago out of Jardine to the Hellroarin' wilderness. Packing the 19 miles out with game was rough though.
My wife and kids stayed in Gardiner.

Wow, you are one tough hombre! I've spent a lot of time in that neighborhood--hunting, back-packing, fishing, etc. and it is rough country! Getting back to Hellroaring is a long, hard trip even with horses. Congrats to you on your success!

nice photo, whats all that white stuff on the ground? the cold fronts got it cold here this morning (19) but its getting back to 70 sunday. was that a spine hit.

Yes it was! I jumped her off to my left out of her bed. Fortunately, I had enough time to cock, shoulder the gun, and get off a shot. It was too high, but it broke her back and she was DRT.

Back