• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Will This Work

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
I made this turkey "decoy" in anticipation of turkey season. It's the same on both sides. Yes, I know; it does look like a third grader's Thanksgiving project. Would this attract a gobbler?

PICT0613-1.jpg

yep! ive done the same thing,ill try to post a pick of mine later. it does work better if you have two of them and place them at different angles.

Hard to say as a hen...but if you had a little red sock or red cloth you could slip over its head I think a gobbler would be more apt to come after it as a Jake to kick it's butt.
When I hunt a field edge using a Jake and a couple hens, the gobbler's that respond from the woods and see the Jake never come to the hens, they make a straight beeline to the Jake

I might just make another that looks more like a jake, then. I could place the two at different angles. Thanks to both of you for the tips.

If is has been a year since I was with a hen, I would come running. Especially after closing time. :)

Some of my turkey hunting buddys have used lots worse an killed birds off of them. I've never used a decoy so personally I cant tell ya. But they have used homemade an yours is better looking :thumbsup:

Somewhere, there's a half plucked chicken running around. :rotf: I kid, I kid. :surrender: Bill

I would say that would work on Coyotes too. If any of those feathers would move in the wind that would be a slam dunk. Ron

That should work :thumbsup:

my 2 cents..
....add some light blue to the head
...keep it dry..
...paint the stakes flat black.....
...hope the feathers stay on during use.
Send us a grinning pic when the hunt is over....use the self timer!

Back