• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wish me luck!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm going hunting with bp for the first time ever on Saturday(in fact,it'll be my first hunt with any type of firearm at all.) I know for a fact there's a nice 10 pt that walks about 70 yards from my spot every morning. Hopefully he'll give me a shot!
I'm using an old 1:66 GPR I made from a kit given to me by a friend.

if this is your first time ever i sure hope you shot the rifle and sighted it in and studied where the kill zones are at, and good luck :wink:

If your shot is 70 yards, best get something to steady your rifle, like a tree. Anything over 50 yards and I am looking for some help to steady the shot. Good luck.

Take a camera along - we'll want to see some pics of you, the gun and the monster!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks. i've sighted in the rifle and will re-test tomorrow before going out. I'm familiar with kill zones. I usually use a recurve or a longbow. I would guess a gun would allow other angles(I have a copy of "perfect shots-North America") but will try to stick with an angle I'd be comfortable placing an arrow through.
48 more hours!

Nada. There were several does in shooting range, but it's illegal to shoot them in my county during gun season. Hopefully I can get back out there before season ends!

Good luck to all.

Back