• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

wrong time-wrong place

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vern faulkner

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Spent all day Saturday out in the rain here in Penna. Sneaking through the woods looking for some meat on the hoof. Saw nothing. Yesterday we went over to Lyons, N.J. veterans hospital(with Rolling Thunder) for a pizza party for the PTSD patients and the hospital grounds were thick with deer. Looked like a deer dairy farm(counted over sixty of those critters). I cried, why God, why me. It was then that I heard the faint laughing in the background. :shake: :shake: Vern

Vern I know the feeling. The Vet Hospital in Perryville Md has a resident herd that is huge, they actually have a couple white n piebalds mixed in. I work for Amtrak right next door n we see them out in the fields all the time. There are a couple of record book racks running around down there n no way to get near them. Sure is fun watching them though---and dreaming :hmm:

Ah man, I swear they can read signs.

A few years back we worked till way late dragging the last strays off a grazing lease, then started the four hour drive to deliver them back to our winter pasture. This was at the height of mule deer season. About 3 in the morning I was driving through the last little town before home when I noticed this new life sized statue of buck with an immense rack in a yard right in the middle of town.

Thought I must have been haloooosinating when I saw the statue's head was swiveling and watching me as I drove by. :doh:

Back