• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

YEEHAW!! We made smoke boys

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nifeman

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey fellers, finally got to shoot that flinter I put together, and man does it shoot!!! My son and I took turns and each fired a string of 3. They all went into about 2" at 30 yds! They were a little to the left, but, when I have more time I'll tune it in.
I thought a .54 would kick a little more than my .50, but with 70 grs of FFF, it was very pleasent to shoot.
Oh well, now for the FUN part...Where'd I put that bucket of soapy water :hmm: Bud

YEEHAW is right, there is something about cleaning a muzzleloader in the kitchen while the Mrs. Musketman gags and throws a fit over the stentch...

(She complains about the smell of my muzzleloader too) :rotf:

Sounds like it's shooting pretty good for the first time out. Take your time getting it sighted in and make small changes and you should be ok. As a general rule I'll not touch my sights until after the third time out. That way I've shot the gun enough to be sure it's really hitting where it is and can tweek it accordingly. The .54 is a heck of a good caliber for big game, that big round ball can pack a heck of a punch with the proper load. It's good to hear things worked out well. Congrats.
:hatsoff:

What did you build? Sounds like you got a nice gun out of it. I just did my first kit, built a an iron mounted tennessee .50 cal percussion but I already ordered a lock to change it over to flint.

100_1499.jpg

Hello,
Congratulations Nifeman, Do you have any pictures?
What kit did you use for the Tennessee Rifle, Juan
What was the level of difficulty?
Fred

It was from TVM. Not a real difficult kit but great for getting my feet wet and hey, I got a gun out of the deal!!!

Back