• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

yelp, yelp, GOBBBBBBBBLE!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyFlintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone else having their eyes starting to twitch, just thinking about turkey season? Man, I think I have it worse this year than ever!!!

We have a month until season and I am already waking up in the night thinking about it.

COME ON APRIL!!!!!

WessRoad.jpg

WessCreek.jpg

Wess2ndTurk.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Wess

:hmm: Shot him in a roost tree, eh? :grin:

I'm trying to finish a little project today...a fringed suede slip-on barrel sleeve. It'll slide onto the GM turkey barrel on a Hawken and come all the way back over the forearm, stopping at the front of the trigger guard to cover up the brass ramrod and the Hawken brass out front.

Already had a matching fringed suede lace on butt cover made, that comes up to the back of the trigger guard. The butt cover also covers/hides a slip on rubber recoil pad which gives me another inch LOP.

Its a little project I've been tinkering with on and off the past couple months...need to get the barrel sleeve to a shoe shop today to run a couple long stitches, then turn it inside out and make the fringe cuts.

April 11th.....
:wink:

APRIL???
I wish!
Not open till May here. :cursing:
Was in the woods this morning and I heard a Tom gobble already.
BTW, it was 15 deg. too. :haha:

Like you, I can't wait! My brother and my daughter's boyfriend are going with me in a few weeks. Can here them gobbles already..... YEEEEHAAWWWWW!!! :hatsoff:

Man, I can't wait!!! This will be my first year attempting to get an ol' gobbler with a flintlock. Great lookin' pics, by the way. We had a small flock of gobblers show up at the house the other day. That's always encouraging! :grin:

I haven't seen a single bird so far. They are still in their winter mode. It seems that they don't change their habits until the middle of April. Our season opens up the 27th of April. That will give me some time to work up a really great load in the Black Mountain.

I am taking my daughter this Saturday for juvenille in Tn. been seeing two big toms it would be her fist. She is six but has been practicing shooting just gotta get him close enough.

Oh man! I am gettin' the fever BAD. It opens up the 15th of April here but I wait 'till the last week of April to go because the second season opens May 1st. and If I time my hunt when the seasons overlap, I can kill two Toms during my stay. It's an 8 hour drive for me so I take a work week off, with a weekend on both ends. The small flocks of Turkeys we have within an hour of here are all on a lottery type tag system and the odds of drawing a tag are slim so I go up north.

Yep,

I've been practicing with the calls and shooting turkey loads. Come on April... :grin:

Spot

I got new camo pants for my birthday...then I saw a nice tom on the way to work this AM! 6 more weeks for us, I getin' the bug to go now!!!!!

Saw another tom strutting with 8 hens not a mile from the house in the city limits. He might be safe. :hmm:

Seen 3 separate flocks today while heading to the job. Total was about 100 birds and seen about a half dozen Toms fanned out.
Hope they ain't done by the time the season starts here. :shake:

I'm pretty excited! I'm off to OK on April 9th. We're driving down this year, so the flinter is coming with me.:grin: I'm looking for my first out of country gobbler with the flinter, and the first Rio for it as well. I had my smoothie in NY last year, but I never had a chance to use it. After OK I'll be impatiently awaiting our April 27th Ontario opener. I haven't decided if I will shoot my first one at home with the flintlock, or start with the longbow - it all depends how things go in OK I think. :hmm:

:applause: April 20th it starts here. A friend caught some in her back yard all struttin. That's very near to my spot. Here's hopin.
Dusty :wink:

8 days and the foam is spewing from my mouth! Like a pitbull w/rabies!!!!

COME ON MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got up at 4:30am this am and drove an hour to a state park just to listen to them and get em cranked up. It sure was fun.

Wess

You got it bad...I'd never do anything like that !
:wink:

My season starts Saturday morning so tomorrow I'm going to a spot I usually sit at in the corner of a small green field near a strutting zone, and heavily saturate a 10 x 10 foot area of leaf litter around the tree and brush I sit in with a couple gallons of industrial strength solution of Permethrin I ordered a few weeks ago.

Then if the timing works out right I'm going to another spot an hour before dark and sit to see if I can hear any fly up to roost.

I was in the same general area this morning for a range session with a Flintlock...never saw or heard a single turkey

Back