• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your favorite hunting bullet?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traditional man

32 Cal.
Reaction score
What are your favorite hunting bullets mini ball, maxi, REAL bullet, round ball. I know some rifles shoot better with different bullets.

I shoot flintlocks, and so stick with a patched ball. I am told one goes to muzzleloader hell if you shoot a conical out of a flintlock. :wink:

AA batteries with a blunderbuss to hunt evil spirits. :rotf: Sorry couldn't help it.
PRB

For my guns that shoot a conical, the Hornady Great Plains Bullet. For those designed to shoot a round ball...well, a round ball! :idunno: Actually, I have a couple of slow-twist barrels with shallow square grooves that will shoot either of the above.

minnie',maxie,real buffalo and saboted have down range energy you just cant get from a rb... but,why are you shooting a ml. Caps are better then flint, but not much,iron sights and silver blades are a joke.Maple is heavy,walnut porus and bp stinks and rust every thing it touchs.To enjoy the full flavor of ml shoot a round ball.You can improve over rb in all the numbers except one...the joy that comes from shooting ,hunting plinking with the right ammo for the old primitive gun :hmm:

I have hunted with all the projectiles offered for muzzle loaders and they all did the job. So go with what ever shoots best in ur gun.

Back