• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

black powder bulking

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I was looking through a back issue (#225) of Handloader Magazine and they had an intresting chart in one article on powder bulking. It seems that a powder measure set for 70 grains of Goex will throw 77.2 grains of Swiss, 75.5 of Elephant and 67.7 of Wano. very intresting information, it could elimanate problems down the road.

If I understand your post correctly, I assume you're referring to the differences in "weighed" charges between different types of powder.

Yes, they weigh different amounts but I'm not sure any problems would be caused down the road in the world of BP load data, as BP loads are based upon "volume" measurements, regardless of the differences in actual weight, right?

Or maybe I'm not understanding the post, if so my apologies

I would think you are correct Roundball, you usually have to adjust the volume when changing powders to achieve the same POI... I usually spill the difference between the powders mentioned anyway.

Back