• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Charity Shoot For Cancer Victim Needs Our Support!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Rosenthal

70 Cal.
Reaction score
First a little background: This all came about due to the outpouring of love for the family as well as dedication to the sport. I know the Uncle of this boy personally and can guarantee that all of the funds will go to help offset the extraordinary expenses that the family is incurring on behalf of their child.

Scott DiGuilio was beaten by a mob with a baseball bat. Several blows to the head. As if that wasn't bad enough, during the MRI test is was discovered that Scott has brain cancer :( and will have to undergo very expensive treatments for the cancer as well as extensive rehabilitation for the head trauma. They would have never found the cancer in time if the beating hadn't occurred. The family is in desperate need of our help!

Scott's Uncle is Henry DiGuilio, a past President and current Chairman of the Shoot Committee of the Garden State Black Powder Association (A Charter Club with the NMLRA), based in Vernon NJ, which is located in Sussex County. Henry's Brother (Scott's Dad) is one of the founding members of the GSBPA, and a black powder shooter and re-enactor. My Son Andy & I have belonged to this Club for a few years now. It's the only place in Jersey that I know of where Woods Walks are held on a regular basis. Scott's Uncle Henry has done everything imaginable to further the participation of folks that are interested in all forms of the pre-1840 lifestyle, including but not limited to getting permission to bring his cannon and mortar and fire them during a full-day program he designed for his local middle school! Eighteen Stations were designed for that full-day program, and a flintlock was also fired on school grounds! And this is in NJ! Henry is that kind of man, and I don't want to let him down, so that's why I approached Claude and got permission to post the following here in this sub-forum:

Charity Shoot Date: Saturday June 5th, 2010

Shoot Registration with your check is due by: May 23, 2010. Pre-registration is STRONGLY encouraged, as it will make the Shoot a little easier to run!

Shoot Fee (which includes a pasta dinner with meat) is $100.00 , please make all checks payable to Henry DiGuilio, and note in memo area GSBP Fundraiser. Please forward all checks to:

Henry DiGuilio
301 Park Place
Highland Lakes, NJ 07422
Home Phone: 973-764-4882
Cell Phone: 973-417-1416
Email: [email protected]

Donations from any interested party can be sent to the above address. You could help sponsor a NJ Shooter that can't afford to attend. Just write "Sponsor" in the memo area of your check! Any amount welcome! Donations could be in the form of checks or a hand-made item of your choosing that will become part of the Raffle.

Shoot fee also includes two (2) Raffle Tickets. Raffle Prizes are top quality hand-made period-type pieces made by Club Artisans, such as horns, bags, knives, and other nice things (too many to list).

Shoot will consist of 25-30 Shots on a combination of Paper, Novelty & Long-Distance (Gongs) Targets. Award Plaques will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place finishers in all three divisions: Flint, Cap, and Smoothbore.

Shoot will be held at the Club's home Range which is located at the Rickey & Son Farm, 442 State Route 94, Vernon, NJ. The Dinner will be held at the Vernon VFW just down the road from the Farm. Dinner will consist of home-made pasta with meat.

Charity Shoot Times: Sign-in starts at 08:30, and the Charity Shoot begins at 09:00 am and runs until 2:00 pm. The dinner & fellowship starts at 2:00 pm and runs until 6:00 pm that evening. No alcohol served with dinner, but it can be purchased at the VFW's Bar.

My local Club (Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club) will have several shooters in attendance. Our Black Powder League holds two Matches per month, and has helped to introduce pistol target shooting (with volunteer seminars up at the Farm) to the GSBPA. So locally I've launched a sort of "Mutual-Aid" call-out (like a fire company) to help with this endeavor.

Any help that any of you could possibly do for this boy would be sincerely appreciated by all concerned.

Thank you for your time!

Dave Rosenthal
Smokin .50

UPDATE: Shooting Slots are still available, and the Shoot Registration closes on May 23rd, 2010.

The Family wishes all of you a very warm Thank-You for all that has been done thus far!

And my Thanks go along with theirs!

Dave

Well everyone, tomorrow is the Charity Shoot. Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club has 4 members from our Black Powder League attending, and my wife makes five attending the dinner and auction.

Wish us some luck. I'll report back with the results and tell you all about the Shoot and the Auction items.

Dave

Back