• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ever shoot a loading rod down range? You tell me........... I won't rat you out !

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not had the distinction yet but hey I'm only 74 an recovering from a heart attack, plenty of time left !
I remember the first time I witnessed the phenomenon as a teenager shooting off the front porch at my cousins house. We were shooting at a target on an old grainy about 50 yards distant and I recall a flash of something long going down range as my cousin touched off his flint gun in .44 cal.
I didn't know what it was until we got down to the target and found the splintered loading rod fragments.
Cousin was talking about how the gun kicked more than usual as I remember it. He was done shooting for that day !
Not yet but tis early so I have plenty of time for that statement to change.

Back