• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I ordered my Kibler Woodsrunner today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My .54 Woodsrunner:
IMG_2.jpg
IMG_1.jpg

Last edited:
Rub it in why don't you. Tuesday will be two months for me...

To add: I ordered a colonial. Must not be as popular.

Yeah seems the Colonial has taken a back seat to the Woodsrunner. ...

I've been waiting now for almost two months for my Colonial to be shipped. (Website said two or three weeks when I ordered). Last update I got from Kibler via email is that they're planning a run of Colonials "soon". Apparently they do a batch of just one kit model at a time? Maybe they wait until they get a bunch of orders before running a batch? If most people are ordering Woodsrunners, that's what they're going to put first priority on producing and fullfilling. It's just businesss .... It will still be worth the wait, I'm sure.

Thank you, I'm not sure I can do it the justice it deserves but I'm trying. It looks pretty good so far. I'm second guessing my choice of Browning the barrel and lock as I think it will look too dark with the tarnished brass and brown barrel. My wife is adamant that I should take it back to bare steel and do the super blue rubbed back. She may be right.

I just neutralized my barrel and all other steel parts after the 4th coat of Browning solution. I'm happy with the color and uniformity so I'm stopping after 4 coats. That Danglers Cold Browning solution does a really nice job. I'm getting real close to final assembly and I'm pretty dang excited. I'm even real happy with the Finish on the stock. I wound up using methods by Sam Maloof. It may wind up being too much on the rifle being dark colored but we shall see. This is my first ever kit and now I know full well why you guys love doing this so much. Its so rewarding and satisfying. One day maybe my son will be going after game with this rifle after I'm long gone. Although he will have his choice of more than one of these to go get em with. :D

I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I put the lid right back on it and put the screws back in it. LOL. I have to get my parrot vise mounted and get a few more items before I get started. When my mail lady brought it up today, she said, "If you don't mind me asking whats in this box? I have never seen anything packaged like that." I told her what it was and she was in awe about how it was packed.
Yep, when they ship quality items, it makes sense to use quality materials to package it.

I've been waiting now for almost two months for my Colonial to be shipped. (Website said two or three weeks when I ordered). Last update I got from Kibler via email is that they're planning a run of Colonials "soon". Apparently they do a batch of just one kit model at a time? Maybe they wait until they get a bunch of orders before running a batch? If most people are ordering Woodsrunners, that's what they're going to put first priority on producing and fullfilling. It's just businesss .... It will still be worth the wait, I'm sure.
In any CNC manufacturing you have to run large lots to make up for set up time. If there are not alot of orders for 1 type of product no matter what business it only makes sense to hold up for a longer run

Well its done. Or sort of. I see a few things that need addressed. The Browning on the very rear tip of the Lock must have been really thin in that area, that or it didn't take at all right there on the point. And I see a few pins that could be a tad shorter. But overall, I'm grinning like a goat eating briars. I'm pretty happy and proud of it overall. I was terrified at first but I fell into it alright. Can't wait to shoot it. The weather is crappy here today so maybe tomorrow.
KIMG0635.jpg

KIMG0641.jpg
KIMG0642.jpg

KIMG0643.jpg

KIMG0644.jpg

KIMG0636.jpg

A real beauty; words can't adequately express. The polished brass really pops against that walnut and the dark lock and barrel.

PS just daub on some Jax Black with a q-tip on that little spot the next time you have the lock out.

Last edited:
A real beauty; words can't adequately express. The polished brass really pops against that walnut and the dark lock and barrel.

PS just daub on some Jax Black with a q-tip on that little spot the next time you have the lock out.
Thank you. Yeah I had the brass tarnished with brass black but it made the overall look of the rifle too dark with the browned barrel and walnut. So more elbow grease fixed that. Thank you also for the tip about the Jax Black. I'll do that.

Back