• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Just some d@mn ole trade guns :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• 236647-IMG-20230716-121356.jpg
    236647-IMG-20230716-121356.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Here's Rosie . Can't believe Walt thinks this trade gun is the best , LOL ...pretty cool :)
Everyone liked shorty because of how you transformed it the way you did and surprised ever one who thought it would look like $ hit .And as always the magic worked .😉

Here's mine by Rob, she's a shooter, as ALL my 25Y offhand groups end up being one ragged hole. I've since 'bent' the barrel to be right on ... had to add that for the nay-sayers, huzzah! She weighs only a smidgin under 6-pounds, for a 48" barrel to boot, woo hoo!

For a self-proclaimed hill billy ... :ghostly: he does PHENOMENAL work ... he even put the lock on the 'right' side!

Group.jpg
BP, 62-Cal LH Carolina01.jpg

Believe it or not !! Spray paint the whole gun black ....next day take all off except down in the nooks and crannys with 0000 steel wool ....Ken Nettings trick. Dont tell no body :)

LOL !! That was kinda funny . I knew shed look a lot better after my " patina process " but I really didnt have high hopes for her ...that darn stock ! It showed some weird wavy grain a bit but not those deep crevices and such ! I was really surprised and not very optimistic about it when I saw that wood coming g out !! Even after I did my voodoo to the stock I was quite surprised it looked as good as it did !! A big ole SHEEW !!! It looked neat , almost like I intended for it to do all that ... Glad ole dude liked it so well . Pretty neat stuff ... It was funny , the comments from the folks following .The one fellow was like " oh well , you tried ..." ...another like " maybe you can re finish it ?" ...LOL !! Funny stuff !! :D

LOL !! That was kinda funny . I knew shed look a lot better after my " patina process " but I really didnt have high hopes for her ...that darn stock ! It showed some weird wavy grain a bit but not those deep crevices and such ! I was really surprised and not very optimistic about it when I saw that wood coming g out !! Even after I did my voodoo to the stock I was quite surprised it looked as good as it did !! A big ole SHEEW !!! It looked neat , almost like I intended for it to do all that ... Glad ole dude liked it so well . Pretty neat stuff ... It was funny , the comments from the folks following .The one fellow was like " oh well , you tried ..." ...another like " maybe you can re finish it ?" ...LOL !! Funny stuff !! :D
You've totally turned me on to cherry. It's actually the cheapest of the three, Mapel, walnut and Cherry, at Paxton hardwoods where I get wood. I just hope I can make it look half as good.

You've totally turned me on to cherry. It's actually the cheapest of the three, Mapel, walnut and Cherry, at Paxton hardwoods where I get wood. I just hope I can make it look half as good.
I prefer walnut but ive had some good luck with cherry . I come across it sometimes and get a good deal on 2" thick cherry and can't refuse it . If you use oil on it , it'll get very dark , use a test piece first ! , but I won't use oil finish , I dislike it for a few reasons so use varnish , traditional too. Ive had a couple cherry stocks that I liked personally but I sure prefer walnut .... I like this one I'm posting .... if it'll post !!

I prefer walnut but ive had some good luck with cherry . I come across it sometimes and get a good deal on 2" thick cherry and can't refuse it . If you use oil on it , it'll get very dark , use a test piece first ! , but I won't use oil finish , I dislike it for a few reasons so use varnish , traditional too. Ive had a couple cherry stocks that I liked personally but I sure prefer walnut .... I like this one I'm posting .... if it'll post !!

Back