• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Oh, Come On With the Inflated Caps!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knock yourself out. Buy all the $30 caps your heart desires. I have enough to keep going for a good while.
I took my own advice so I don't worry about price or availability and all my stuff works when the trigger is pulled , and the gun show guys have a place to sell to all the guys that want to shoot (not complain about price) !/Ed

Was at a county-level gun show over the weekend, and of course no Caps. One small dealer had a newish bubble pack of CCI's #11, and you could see where the price had been 'changed' a couple times, up to $30!! That's 30 cents a shot! Don't drop one at the range!!

There was a time I would drop a cap and not bother to pick it up. Wish I had those caps now

I stocked up on CCI long ago when they were cheap and still snag some each year for $5 per tin when Walmart stocks them. The RWS I buy from my gun club, but at the last match we found out the price went up to $42 for a tin of 250! The club buys caps and powder and sells them to us at cost so it's not them jacking it up.

Ditto! When they are OTC at $2 per hundred I might buy some. The more I make the faster it gets and my own are hotter than any commercial caps I've used.
The 3d printed caps are the future and it is here now.
Literally eliminates cap jams on their own and can be done at home by anyone with a printer or you can buy some on amazon now.
Significantly better than metallic caps.

I have about 800 vintage caps that were in collections of old stuff (60s and 70s) that I bought or people gave to me. They work but not quite as reliably as modern made caps. I wouldn't hunt with them but they are fine for plinking or saving for a stuff hits the fan last ditch scenario, of course I will shoot my modern caps first.

I have about 500 Walmart CCI caps that I picked up over the last few years after I learned that they put them out in July. I shoot mostly flint so I have what would amount to a lifetime supply of caps.

Last edited:
I took my own advice so I don't worry about price or availability and all my stuff works when the trigger is pulled , and the gun show guys have a place to sell to all the guys that want to shoot (not complain about price) !/Ed
Give yourself a big pat on the back buddy! I won't run out in the next decade either. But I don't go around trying to be superior to guys that don't have a large stash. Maybe you don't intend to be that way. Maybe I'm just cranky.

Some people seem to be lucky sourcing caps at Walmart, but no matter how hard I try, I have had no luck when visiting their stores. My state - NJ - forget about it. But in traveling back and forth from my home to Dixon’s in PA, I’ve looked in the PA Walmarts along the way, but come up empty. Even asked the Walmart sporting goods clerk in Allentown only to find he didn’t know what percussion caps were. Those who have found caps at Walmart, what’s the secret?

Give yourself a big pat on the back buddy! I won't run out in the next decade either. But I don't go around trying to be superior to guys that don't have a large stash. Maybe you don't intend to be that way. Maybe I'm just cranky.
Yup but I'm right behind you ' and proud of it when I'm right I am right !/Ed

Link? can you type Cabelas in your browser?
Yep. Myself and others found no caps available, then you commented folks who couldn’t find them were drug users. Though it be best for you to just educate us.
So the one thousand that arrived at my house last week don't exist? I think you are on drugs, not me.

Cabelas doesn't even ship caps to my knowledge and have heard others state the same thing I found some rem #10 and 11 at shydas outdoor center in Lebanon, PA but I don't think they ship out of state so I couldn't get them $8 and limit 3

I have not tested the RWS standard caps but my experience with both my side hammer pistols is that I get slow ignition and lots of hang fires with CCI standard caps and T7 3f the standard caps work great in My revolvers. CCI magnums and RWS plus give me good ignition in my side hammer pistols. Probably a non issue with real BP.

Latest posts

Back