• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Remington #11's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'know, caps are not as cheap as they used to be, but I'm able to find them for ten bucks a can or less. Thirty bucks seems like somebody is doing a little gouging. Remember who these people were when the distribution chain issues are corrected... and that is happening as we type.
I offered him $75 for all 3 250 count cans, he said no. Same way with pistols and rifles. The sellers at gun shows bought them at high prices and are trying to sell them for what they paid. You can get the same gun new at a shop for less than most of the private sellers are selling used guns. I've seen $750 Glocks, $400 10/22's.

I offered him $75 for all 3 250 count cans, he said no. Same way with pistols and rifles. The sellers at gun shows bought them at high prices and are trying to sell them for what they paid. You can get the same gun new at a shop for less than most of the private sellers are selling used guns. I've seen $750 Glocks, $400 10/22's.
$30 for 250 count is really not that bad . It is a little high but some are trying to get that for 100 count

Well, we live in "interesting times" I guess. Think I got a thousand or so #11 caps and maybe half as many #10s, so I can afford to wait a while. Powder though, that is another question. Anybody heard any recent news regarding Goex black powder? I'm getting down to my last pound...

Nevermind. They just called and cancelled my order due to not being able to ship hazmat items.

I got on their site immediately and started an order before reading this post.

I might buy off the shelf when some are found but I'm done with the shipping and hazmat fees. Not the seller's fault but I'm done with it. I'm going to flint also meanwhile id rather order the stuff to make caps. I have way more time than money!

I got on their site immediately and started an order before reading this post.

I might buy off the shelf when some are found but I'm done with the shipping and hazmat fees. Not the seller's fault but I'm done with it. I'm going to flint also meanwhile id rather order the stuff to make caps. I have way more time than money!
Do you have flint or chert in your area you can knap, Seems like flints are hard to order now at times as well, often have to keep checking in to see if they are in stock. What the hell is wrong with this world.

Do you have flint or chert in your area you can knap, Seems like flints are hard to order now at times as well, often have to keep checking in to see if they are in stock. What the hell is wrong with this world.
I just bought a pound from IMA and got 52 flints for $35 most will need some knapping but all will be useful

Just getting back into BP after a few years. Taking Boy Scouts shooting in a week and looked at my cap supply. Have 500 so I figured it wouldn’t be bad to have some more...found some yesterday for $10 a tin of CCI. While looking through my bag also found more flints than I knew I had.

The last 100 I bought at my local shop was $13.75. So, $30 for 250 is kind of the going rate. A little cheaper, actually.

WaLT

Y'know, caps are not as cheap as they used to be, but I'm able to find them for ten bucks a can or less. Thirty bucks seems like somebody is doing a little gouging. Remember who these people were when the distribution chain issues are corrected... and that is happening as we type.
That is for a tin of 250 not 200.

I haven’t shopped for cap’s lately, luckily I have plenty. But I’ve purchased CCI #11’s at Sportsman’s Warehouse within the last year for $5.99 a can. And @mushka says he found some there recently for that price. They seem to holding their prices down so if there’s one close by it’s worth taking a look.

Back