• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some Eye Candy : Cimarron 1860 "McCulloch Colt" Anyone Else?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, really nice gun but the huge flutes don't do anything for me. Kind of looks like the lobes on an oil pump.

I mean someone had to say it, sigh. I am more into the subtle flutes and I think the solid cylinder Colts are cool.

I’m a bit late to the conversation, but back to the OP - here are my two. Top is a Colt 2nd Gen, bottom is an Uberti.

Attachments

• 4F9E75B3-7114-429C-96B4-7C95C0827356.jpeg
    4F9E75B3-7114-429C-96B4-7C95C0827356.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I am a little bit old school. Combat Commander in .45ACP.
I am dear to the 1911 but in 10mm with 200gr cast flat nose. But I will admit I have carried my 1851 for self defense it is very accurate and it just feels like an extension of my hand. Never had it not go boom or not hit what I aim at. I didn't carry it until I had 1500 flawless rounds. Many under estimate the old black powder pistols as out dated range guns or novelty firearms My buddy lost a $100 bucks on a bet he could out shoot me with his 2300 dollar Willson combat. The look on his face was priceless

I am dear to the 1911 but in 10mm with 200gr cast flat nose. But I will admit I have carried my 1851 for self defense it is very accurate and it just feels like an extension of my hand. Never had it not go boom or not hit what I aim at. I didn't carry it until I had 1500 flawless rounds. Many under estimate the old black powder pistols as out dated range guns or novelty firearms My buddy lost a $100 bucks on a bet he could out shoot me with his 2300 dollar Willson combat. The look on his face was priceless
302639-1709904375773.png

That's OK. But I am sticking with the .45ACP. Did stop carrying the spare mag. Highly unlikely I will encounter a crowd where I am now.

Well I had the 51? Navy but I have an old 36 Manhattan Pocket just as good. I started with a relic' Webley Bentley' so called . Never been much into revolvers. I do have an old Birmingham 'Pepperbox' but then we all have problems, & you can get counselling these days for' Pepperboxia' . I tried it on Roo.s once no balls hit them but they rolled all over laughing .cant say I blamed them.
Rudyard's Farthings worth

I agree.....At 83 yo I now shoot what I am capable of controlling AND what I am most comfortable with! Many a happy road trip was spent with a 3" SA 44-40 six gun tucked in my shoulder holster!

all these pictures are making me want an 1860. I also want a sheriffs 1858 and will likely get that first. I don't antique them. I use em and carry em. I Don't buy bleached jeans with holes in them either.

Back