• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stripping Pedersoli "Brown" Barrel Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bacarper

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience stripping the brown epoxy paint off of Pedersoli barrels? I'd like to refinish my SxS with a normal LMF rust blue and looking for some tips and tricks from anyone who might have done this before.

Thanks in advance!

Long ago, I stripped off the blue from my Pedersoli Frontier rifle lock. I soaked it in toilet bowl cleaner followed up by a water and baking soda bath to stop the process and rust.
However, I'd like to hear some other ideas before I'd try that one on barrels. :)

Does anyone have any experience stripping the brown epoxy paint off of Pedersoli barrels? I'd like to refinish my SxS with a normal LMF rust blue and looking for some tips and tricks from anyone who might have done this before.

Thanks in advance!
Somewhere in the smoothbore section there is a thread about stripping that finish from one of Pedersoli's trade rifles. Don't remember the details but do remember they didn't have fun doing it.

Back