• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1 week to Africa

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arrived at crusader safaris today on the baviaans river. What an incredible place.

I had a great stalk on a big black wildebeest but couldn't get an ethical shot so let him walk. But he was BIG. Saw about 10 kudu bulls, Vaal rhebok, impala, huge baboons. The outfitter is a very nice bloke and has got me my powder & caps as promised.

Today was the first official day of hunting so naturally we headed back to see if the black wildebeest from yesterday was back.

To our surprise he was right back in the same place. After a lung busting stalk uphill we were in position and pinned down which is pretty much how we spent the next few hours, hugging the earth, pretending to be rocks.

we were about ready to give up when he came past giving me an 80m shot. The shot hit him low in the chest and sent him into a dead run downhill. I had a long shot from the cliff above him which also connected. I followed him into a big Gully and finished him off.

I am struggling with internet to get a picture up but will keep trying.

We saw two nice heartbeat this morning from our perch and will have try for them tomorrow. This is big open, free range country and anything can happen.

Those black wildebeest are odd-looking in a strikingly attractive way. I never saw one when I was over there, only blue wildebeest.
Congrats!

Mate, sounds awesome! Congratulations! I can't see the pictures yet, as my internet is going too slow and I can barely post! But hopefully I'll be able to see them soon if it comes good. Happy hunting!

Just got to see the picture of that nyala! Congratulations! An absolutely stunning animal.

Back