• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 Gauge questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following up on my question about a black powder shotgun with no breech plug.

Some background first, over the past five years I have been going blind due to age related macular degeneration or AMD. I have since then given up fly fishing from a canoe, canoeing, fishing from a motor boat, motor boating, fly tying, target shooting with both modern and black powder revolvers, rifles, and shotguns, photography, driving, gun smith and , cabinet making activities. Four weeks ago I sent nine stationary woodworking machines to my older son and closed up the shot so I would not cut off my fingers.

I cannot see to read regular print or large print books, magazines, etc.
In short my life has become hell.

One of my sons stopped over yesterday and I took the opportunity to ask him for a photograph of the shotgun. When the gun was disassembled---there was a breech plug in the barrels---?

It seems the plug was attached to the barrels with a couple of pins from the bottom of the barrel but had become dis-attached and stuck in the stock receiver until yesterday. I missed this detail.

This had never occurred to me and because I am almost blind did not notice this.

This possibility made no sense to me but there it is, problem explained. I would feel stupid but most of the time I cannot see what is in front of me on my dinner plate. Stupid no, just old and time for the glue factory.

Sorry for the distraction. I really like this forum but may simply go away.

Ken.

We all new it wad somtin.

I know blind.. I wear glasses. The glasses work good.

I got by without seeing good for a while..

I think I remember even cheating my first eye exam cuz I didn't want to fail it for some reason I memorized the chart looking at it once up close.

I put on glasses for the first time. I was like I can see..

I'm 42..

Driving in the dark is OK.. but I notice it.. the rain and the dark is bad.

I got yelled at showing up late to work because I waited till daylight to leave the house because it was raining.. I walked off that job for that reason.

Back