• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1792 Flintlock Rifle Finally Arrived

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jchochole

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I finally got my Jack Garner 1792 US contract flintlock rifle back. What a fabulous job they do on their pieces. It is a gorgeous rifle, the barrel is stamped "US" and the lock is a "Harper's Ferry" M1803 style, and a curly maple stock. I have pics available if anyone is interested in seeing it- but I am having trouble posting it here.

Thanks for all the tips people have offered on this board.
James Chochole
[email protected]

If anyone is interested in obtaining one of these 1792 rifles- please contact me.

Thanks
James Chochole

Posting pics is easy.

Go to[url] http://photobucket.com/[/url] and create a free account.

Follow the instructions to uplosd pics. (try to keep them no more than 750 pixels wide)

Copy the IMG link(s) to the forum.

You are done.

Last edited by a moderator:
bestprofile.jpg

What a nice rifle. Please post some more photos of it. The left side plate, some close ups, etc. I really like it.

Did he already have the kit or did you provide him the pieces? I already have the kit but have decided that I am not skilled enough to put it together. So I need to find someone to do it for me.

Neat rifle! Now all you need is the cool folding pike the riflemen of that era carried, though not sure why! They also had a dandy short jacket with fancy trim...say, weren't they trying to be LESS visible? :youcrazy: :rotf:

To answer the questions: that thing above the entry pipe is the rear sight. Militarily the rear sight was normally placed above that pipe. Since it has never been fired yet, the "V" for the sight has not been filed yet.
I already had the parts and Garner's shop built it from a complete kit. They did a beautiful job. Sadly, I got behind on some bills when it was being built and now need to sell it.But it is a great piece and I enjopyed having it for a bit, until someone wants to buy it.

Thanks for all the compliments,
James
[email protected]

Back