• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1849 Colt Part is wrong.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gooddw

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up an 1849 Colt w/6" barrel from a friend. It was in a red box labeled Hartford Arms. It has no markings except "Made in Italy". It has a broken hand spring so the cylinder doesn't turn unless you move it with your hand while you cock it.

I ordered a new hand spring from Dixie Gun Works but the pin that goes into the hammer was to large. I thought these guns were replicas.

How could I get the correct part? I guess I could use my drimel and grind it down but I'd rather have the correct part if possible.

This gun has no serial number or other stamps or markings of any kind except "Made in Italy"

I have a similar type of gun, 49 pocket with 4" barrel and no markings. Did a little detective work and found that the markings I found on it were from Armi San Marco. They no longer make these guns. I needed the loading lever. I called VTI gun parts and ordered the part from the Uberti look alike but it was too big. I called VTI back and ordered the same part but from Pietta and although it fits a little snug, it works as it should. Just trial and error and VTI took back the Uberti part and refunded my money, very easy to deal with.

Howdy Folks,
After looking for a year and a half, I think I have found a supplier for Armi San Marco revolver parts.

Deer Creek Products
6989 E Michigan Rd
Waldron, IN 46182
(765) 525-6181

They have no internet site or e-mail. So you have to call them. I did and they assured me that they have a good supply.
I have ordered parts for Remingtons and Colts from them, 1849, Pocket Rem, 1860, 1858, and Walker.
Every thing I ordered came in correct.
Good Luck,
Lee

Back