• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello From Barcelona - Catalonia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everybody, I'm Rein from Barcelona - Catalonia, and i'm very happy to be here.
I'm a little collector I have some swords, uniforms, helmets, knives, and different types of weapons, including a brown bess rifle from pedersoli and two muzzloader pistols.
Recently I bought a Husqvarna swedish rifle from 1850 so I'm very excited!
We hope sooon we talk with all of you about our comun business ;)

Greetings and best wishes from Barcelona
Welcome!

Catalonia. Very famous region of Spain noted for the arms industry & its distinctive stocks. there are recent posts about escopetas '. I could have reached Barcelona on a Spanish troop & Supply ship I boarded on Fernando Po .But I figured Ide hitch up from Cadiz faster I'de been better going up to Barcelona but meant time at Malaga but ide have eaten & and a cabin . Fernando Po is long since gone Native Govt Now It was very tranquil & orderly, a tonic compared too rest of the equatorial West Coast ' The Ship was the .' Ciudad de Oviedo 'that was 1965 Franco's time. My sister lives in Torre Vieco a very different Spain today .
. Welcome from New Zealand . Rudyard
More about me. ,)
I like guitars, I have 15 actually in my home between classical, acustic and electrical.
I like weapons, probably john wayne and all the Far west movies that I was seeing when I was a child are the responsibles.
I have two shotguns, three carbines 22 cal and two rifles, and a rifle brown bess. I have too 2 pistols and six revolvers.
I like cook, good food and good wines.
I have two hunter dogs!
I have 49 years old, married with a great woman and with a kid in the 2on year of the college.
I have a cousins in NYC.
I like music, for me is essential for be a good mental health.
And sure I like the militar history, helmets, sabers, swords, bayonets, etc etc
For any doubts just ask me, I'm at your disposition. ;)
Greetings
Dear Rein. Oh there's no doubt about it you will assuredly fit right in to this forum .Not sure about a ' rifle' Brown Bess there useually Smooth bored not rifled but minor detail .No Catalan stocked 'escopetas' or Ripoll pistols ? your in' Los Miquelet's 'region .I made a Catalan stocked carbine with a miguelet lock just to use up an original belt hook . Not that's its essential but I sing while ime working on guns . Got two violins cant play either of them Just appreciate the work that goes into them . Regards Rudyard

I was making much pictures the last time that I visit the Metropolitan Museum of NYC, my kind of Town ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3172.JPG
    IMG_3172.JPG
    7.1 MB
Catalonia. Very famous region of Spain noted for the arms industry & its distinctive stocks. there are recent posts about escopetas '. I could have reached Barcelona on a Spanish troop & Supply ship I boarded on Fernando Po .But I figured Ide hitch up from Cadiz faster I'de been better going up to Barcelona but meant time at Malaga but ide have eaten & and a cabin . Fernando Po is long since gone Native Govt Now It was very tranquil & orderly, a tonic compared too rest of the equatorial West Coast ' The Ship was the .' Ciudad de Oviedo 'that was 1965 Franco's time. My sister lives in Torre Vieco a very different Spain today .
. Welcome from New Zealand . Rudyard Dear Rein. Oh there's no doubt about it you will assuredly fit right in to this forum .Not sure about a ' rifle' Brown Bess there useually Smooth bored not rifled but minor detail .No Catalan stocked 'escopetas' or Ripoll pistols ? your in' Los Miquelet's 'region .I made a Catalan stocked carbine with a miguelet lock just to use up an original belt hook . Not that's its essential but I sing while ime working on guns . Got two violins cant play either of them Just appreciate the work that goes into them . Regards Rudyard
Thank you very much Rudyard. ;)
Unfortenatelly today aproximaly the middle of Spain still is in manys cases pro-fascist, very proud of have won the war with the Francos friends, Hitler and Mussolini, probably is no the best place for talk about it but, sadly Spain is "still different", this is just one of the reason for explain why the catalans want to be independence from Spain.
I have cousins in New Zeeland! ;)
Yes, originally exists shotguns, pistols, carbines, and rifles maded in Ripoll - Catalonia. Unfortenatelly when Catalonia lost the Spanish sucession war in 1714 against the army of two crowns, (France and Castilla) all was destroyed by the ocuped forces, and this in some ways survives to this day.
Greetings.

Well I did travel in Francos Spain 25 years after the Guerra Civil & knew all about Franco's repression & Fernando Poo was under Franco . I was about 18. a friend was courting a girl from Oviedo I took the opportunity to hitch down to Madrid Toledo & Avilla then met up with him in Bilboa .
.Two years later I was hitching in southern France I met up with an American who was like me was soaked wet and as we where declined a "Chambre pur la bueff " ... Cowshed . we all wrapped in plastic saw a derelict building .across the road by then it was near dark as we started to cross , car lights came our way We Hitched like ' 'Oh come on cant you see were busy ! ' But they stopped Two US Airmen Based in Madrid we got a ride all the way to Madrid swopping wet & cold yuk for glorious sunshine ! It may have been' 25 anos de path' but the gate way to Casa de campo (youth Hostle ) was peppered with bullet holes and rural people feared the Guardia . I remember the Top Twenty had number 1 to 8' Los Betales' ( The Beatles) the rest was Flamenco not that I minded flamenco ). Portugal wasn't so repressed but very strait laced . & Spent Xmas on Gibraltar & worked on Windmill flats building new barracks ere I crossed to Tangier & down to Agadir We used Spanish as a common Toung the crew where a mix of nations but we use feet & inches . Ped Y Bugarda with clavos thiera s, Y tornilyos . My Moroccan Laborer taught me much useful Arabic or what ever the varient used in Morroc . came in useful . Any way I digress.
Regards Rudyard

Back