• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1858 grip

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do a search "Pietta 1858 C&B Painful to shoot". Plenty of ideas there. Mine used to beat up my middle finger. Now I just use a very tight grip and don't notice it anymore. That is using 25g of FFFg. You could possibly grind the frame and grips in back of that finger.

I've learned to do the 'pinky curl', which helps somewhat. There was a guy making a replacement trigger guard that moved the loop forward a quarter inch or so, I believe his name was Brad Potter, on the 1858 Remington forum...which is now defunct...but he dropped off the radar quite some time ago.

Some guy had this made for his Remington…
IMG_4985.jpeg

Back