• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1861 spare parts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wild willy

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Just ordered a Uberti 1861 know springs are more prone to breakage than my old army what spare springs and parts should I get and where

Twos- so far completely reliable sources VTI Gunparts (google) and Cimarron Arms Co. In the rare event one doens't have the part the other always has.

Buy hand assemblies- hand and spring, trigger-bolt springs and mainspring. The hand spring is the one I've had to replace on a couple of guns and the trigger/bolt spring is also prone to metal fatigue and breakage.

the hand spring is difficult to attach to the hand so, they generally sell the smaller ones- navy, army, pocket model as units.

Hey, Willy -
Let me know how you do with it. I've found it a very finicky firearm: I've had any number of issues with misfires with it -- position of the wedge seems to be critical; even a few millimeters makes a difference.

I'd be interested to hear your experience.

Thanks,
ValleyForge

mine has been monumentally accurate and functions very well. I did a little conservative polishing of the action but it works very well.
cumprabb2.JPG

61navy1.jpg

Latest posts

Back