• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Day

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanshi

Cannon
Reaction score
This morning found me in the woods with my .62 smoothbore. I usually rotate guns so the smoothie got first dibs for opening day. Last year that good gun earned it's keep by taking down a large doe. Next week I'll go out again and take the rifle.

There were lots of squirrels, of course, but I saw only one deer. It was probably close to 100 yards away; well out of range of my smoothbore. Ah, but next week. Both deer and turkey are open and on the 10th bear is open. Let's see what fate has in store.

Our regular gun season opens up on the 17th of this month, I'll be toting on of my flinters if it aint raining out

Id like to hunt up yonder. i have always wondered why our Turkey season is months after Thanksgiving down here in GA, not fair. hopefully you can put a deer down next time out

Thanks, driftingrz. I spent 60 years in Ga and can testify that some of the best deer hunting in the country is in Ga. Though they have a generous limit of 12 deer, I've usually come close to that. Back when the limit was less, I did limit out quite often. I miss it.

Back