• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st flintlock deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowkill

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is my first flintlock deer. Shoot with a gun i built 50 cal Lancaster. Is not very big but it is payback for the 4 does i missed in archery with my recurve bow. [cant hit nothing out of a treestand] Used prb with 80 grains of fffg and .15 patch. When i shot her at about 45 yards she run toward me and fell dead under my treestand.
DSC_8901-1.jpg

That's just outstanding...and you'll probably never look at hunting the same way again after this Flintlock deer !
:hatsoff:

I agree. Capper, you put it out there, now back it up. Otherwise you're just throwing rocks and running away.

Bowkill, I can see you're as proud of that deer as if you killed a two ton, 40 point elk (with fangs). Good job! You get a pat on the back from me. :thumbsup: Bill

I guess it may be on the small side, but all i seen was tenderloin.... :surrender:

No hard feelings. I hope my PM helped to explain.

You don't need to explain anything. As long as you're happy with your hunt. That's all that matters.

I shouldn't have posted anything. The devil made me do it.

Capper said:
No hard feelings. I hope my PM helped to explain.

You don't need to explain anything. As long as you're happy with your hunt. That's all that matters.

I shouldn't have posted anything. The devil made me do it.
dont worry about it , your right more than you know.. :surrender:

Grats on your first flintlock deer. :hatsoff:
The little ones sure make good eatin', too bad they don't last longer...

Back