• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Primitive small game hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silky921 said:
While I didn't bring home any meat for dinner, this hunt was considered a success for me.

Good stuff. This is what many people don't understand, especially the anti-hunters. Like so many other visible minorities, they see the slob hunters or even poachers and judge the other 99% as being the same, never knowing there are so many of us who enjoy just being in the woods in pursuit of game, shots fired or not. Carrying a flintlock seems to elevate the pursuit to an ever higher level of experience for me, as well. Carry on and enjoy your time travel. :thumbsup: :grin:

Once something is down, the work begins.
I've spent plenty of time just observing - animals are funny when they think no one is watching...especially squirrels.

To all who venture into the woods with muzzleloaders in hand to Truly Hunt game, I say...

Take Pictures!!! :grin:

Even when you don't harvest an animal, you see things that can only be seen while truly hunting! and when you put a flintlock or caplock, or leather and bone, in the photo it makes it that much more beautiful and memorable!

Keep yer powder dry, yer nose in the wind and yer eye on the skyline!!

Back