• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1st Rabbit for the 14 guage!! pic

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevorAaron

40 Cal.
Reaction score
well rabbit season came in november 5th here in ohio and as a 16 year old i was out there the day it started. on saturday one of my brothers friends cama down to hunt with us on our farm woods but we only saw 3 and the one that we had shots on it was too late and me and my brother missed. well today my buddie (silent sniper) wanted to bring his dog (tinker) over and see if we could find any. well after an hour and a half we decided to start heading back through a little piece of woods and all of a sudden taylor jumped a rabbit and i saw it out of the cornor of my eye and threw that old domascis barrel up and BOOM! next i see the dog over in the brush barking, kinda growling 10 yards ahead of where i shot. so i thought i missed it but then went over and tinker had it stranded under her paw. 60 grains of fffg with 80 grain 6 shot..this rabbit ment more to me than 10 rabbits with the 20 guage. After we got home i decided to try out the roundballs i had got from taylor. so we found the right patch to use and we put 70 grains of fffg in and shot it 8 times at 25-30 yards off hand. i got 3 hits to the center of the target as you can see in the pic. i used 2 diffrent pizza boxes for 2 diffrent barrles. i will for sure be taking my grandpas old gun out for some white tail this year. enjoy aaron
rabbit.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

:applause: Outstanding, congratulations. Thanks for sharing the tale, keep 'em coming. :thumbsup:

Spot

I always found it to be a satisfying shot to hit a rabbit on the run. Must be doubly so with a good muzzle loader. Good job!

I hope you ate the pizza first! :rotf: Nice going, young man! Good target shooting too!

Back