• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2006 Smuggler's Notch Primitive Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats with the Rolling Rock shoot? Can you provide me with some info on this shoot?

I hope you guys can make it. We don't want to be the only ones on pbs! Kim & I are going up sat afternoon & staying in littleton-we hope to beat the snow and not drive in a blizzard. It's hard for us to go on saturdays I work most of them.

Great turnout on Sat. up in Dalton. It was a nice crisp sunny day. That first hill took at lot out of people even those who are in shape. I was glad to see so many of you from the muzzleloading forum. I took smoothie out first and hit an amazing five targets. It must have been delerium but I went out a second time with the caplock. We decided to walk through as a family. We had some technical problems and ended up being out on the course for awhile. I shot the course clean and loaned my smoothie to my brother who promptly hit five targets, this being only his second time shooting the gun. Maybe I shouldn't be practicing at all! :haha: Do us proud on NH PBS!

Rolling Rock is this really neat place in Braintree, VT. In the late summer or early fall Doug Bent puts on a woods walk at Rolling Rock. He has a really cool novelty shooting area at the end of the course. The prize is part of the entry fee money, I think. Some people camp out right there for the weekend. The Dutch oven food is awesome! Squire John might know alittle more about it and could maybe fill us in on the story of the large rolling rock on site.

I ran Dalton Saturday, the course reversed is a bugger. I hit 6 this year with my smoothbore. I hope you all can make the Ancient Ones Outdoor sports and gunshow at the Augusta Armory on Western ave in Augusta Maine, Exit 109a off I-95.
Feb 25-26 lots of stuff for the ladies.
For more info call me evenings at 207 897-5058.
Nit Wit :thumbsup:

Its an original buck and ball caplock made by C Wheeler in Farmington Maine around 18 65-66. 58 cal. Nit Wit

Its an original heavy barrel buck and ball caplock made by C Wheeler in Farmington Maine around 1865-66. 58 cal. Nit Wit

Hey Nit Wit, I am looking to buy a smoothbore around 12 gauge which is .729 which will shoot a standard size patched round ball good groups at 50 yards and will shoot #4 shot with a good pattern at 50 yards! I want the caliber to be somewhat standard so I can readily buy round balls and patches for. Single barrel, no rear sight, # 11 caplock ignition.. ANY THOUGHTS?

Thank You

well, we did our best for the show.I even hit a few while they were filming, just so there would be photographic proof that I can do it.I was worried when I got there and saw that you hit 5 with your smoothie, nothing like setting the bar high! But my new barrel came though for me.I'm pretty proud of my time one the course, with that killer hill. I'm even more proud of my shooting, but I still left room for improvemnt. Maybe I'll hit all 9 next weekend. Oh yeah, and next weekend I'll remember to bring our own snowshoes-thanks Guy & Elaine, you saved us!

SNOWED out for a snowshoe event ...

Who wudda thunk it :confused: ? Couldn't get to Dalton on SAT, was going to head up SAT night and stay over in Littleton, but then with the snow forecast, I figured I'd never get home.

Decided to wake up really early on SUN to see if I could sneak north before the snow walloped the Boston area ... and alas, we already had 8" on the ground and the sun didn't set before we got 20" at my house.

So ... I'll have to resort to running the Manchester, VT event this weekend.

You need to come to our outdoorsports and gunshow at the Augusta armory Feb 25-26 exit 109a off I-95 its about a mile east on Western ave.I have a 12 ga flinter that will be on the table, also a .735 perc military sb.Personaly I like smaller bores. The cheapest way would be to have Track make up a percussion setup on one of their smoothbarrels.
Nit Wit

sounds like you made the right choice about traveling, to bad we missed you. We'll be at manchester this sat, hope that's enough time for my legs to recover! will you be bringing the new underhamer? those things are cool, I want to check it out.

Back