• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 Deer Hunt.... A good harvest.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wattsy sayed..
Nope not a blacktail.
Sadly we only get one deer a year here in Oregon (I wont even start on the blithering idiots at our ODF&W )
well, I got me 4 tags...an I've see 3 deer since oct 15...2 durin bow..I remember havin 1 tag, seein lots of deer an wishin fer another tag....damn, jus seein deer is nice! :wink:

Wattsy sayed..
Nope not a blacktail.
Sadly we only get one deer a year here in Oregon (I wont even start on the blithering idiots at our ODF&W )
well, I got me 4 tags...an I've see 3 deer since oct 15...2 durin bow..I remember havin 1 tag, seein lots of deer an wishin fer another tag....damn, jus seein deer is nice! :wink:

Congrats Wattsy that's a fine deer and a great story as well. It's bad that the season was over so quick for you. :shake: I think I would hae to think about moving. :idunno: :grin:

Very nice pictures and a great buck. Congrats.

Regarding age, you'd know your local deer better than anyone and if you know how to age teeth, that's the only sure technique. Around my neck of the woods, 6 1/2 year olds would tend to show more mass and perhaps some deformities like a sticker(s) out of the bases, less "roundness" to the main beams, etc. Of course in my neck of the woods, if it's 6 1/2 years old it's probably a doe and not a buck!!! :grin: With groups of 20+ guys driving them with modern weaponry, most bucks have a very short life here.

Back