• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 Dove season

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what websites say about ITX shot and RBs.

I wanted to hear it from this gentleman's first hand experience who has just shot a lot of it in his smooth bores...

Ive never shot it in my personal guns, but i did shoot trap that whole summer with that double barrel 10ga, so it was mine for the summer and into early fall :grin: but yes, it performed flawlessly in that gun, i dropped a bore light down to check every so often and it was fine! I believe the gun had a barrel choked cylinder, and one that was modified! Choke wouldnt have mattered on that hunt, as we were hunting a freshly harvested pea field that the birds had been hammering for almost a week prior to the hunt! Id say our shots were no more than 30yds, with alot of the birds being shot less than 20yds, it was awesome but it ended as soon as it started as the birds we were shooting were locals(MN DNR has the early goose season just for that purpose)! We got our limit twice in that field, and then it really tapered off to where wed get a bird or two per hunt!

luie b said:
That and buying nontoxic shot by the bag costs quite a bit of money and I don't know how much I'd spend just patterning.
If you plan on using some nontoxic shot that can be used just like lead (EcoTungsten/NiceShot, Bismuth, or, apparently, ITX), you can get a bag of good magnum lead shot the same size and do your load development with that. When you have a good load worked up, you only have to fire a few rounds with the expensive shot to verify the performance. The somewhat harder non-toxic shot usually patterns and penetrates somewhat better than the lead. You get the added benefit of being able to use exactly the same load except with the lead shot on anything of appropriate size that does not require non-toxic shot.

Regards,
Joel

Back