• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2011 Muzzy Bull Pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
plumdog said:
77170012.jpg

Here's hoping this works! I got this guy the 13th of Sept in a Colorado Front Range Unit. Used a .54 Hawken and 80 grains of Pyrodex, heartshot. He went 80 yards in 2-3 seconds, piled up on a tree. My best one so far. Thanks Bioprof for the tutorial on photobucket, etc.

That is a very nice 5x5 what draw unit did you hunt, I have 11 preference points and am holding out for unit one when I have 18 points.

plumdog said:
This hunt was in 501, it took 4 points I believe for a muzzle Bull tag. I don't know if I could be patient enough for saving 18 points! But I live next door to this unit and can scope it out pretty regular. I camped out down by Taylor in July, that's why I asked if that was the Reservoir shrouded in mist. But then a smart guy could pretty much get coordinates to your spot...so I retract the question.

Hey buddy diden't see the taylor post, how was your summer camp with all the front range four wheelers, this is the time of year to be in the park.

I know what ya mean about the four-wheelers! I had no idea that area was so popular with those guys. They even have trails running alongside the roads so they can get from A to B without being illegal. The granddaughter and I camped up a little jeep trail aways from the main road, and had fun with the campfire and Bear Stories, and caught some fish at Taylor. Someday I'll hunt one thosde units, hopefully the motor guys will be gone.

Back