• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

24 Uberti 1862 Police unpack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far the only thing I have not liked about the new 51 Pietta is where the at rest trigger stops mid trigger bow so I removed it, heated and forged it to the rear of the bow while at rest. It feels and looks much better to my way of thinking. It'll need to be re-hardened after words. I left mine in the white but eventually will re-blue I think.
Looks like the Remington police model triggers. Nice work…

The small framed percussion revolvers are usually problematic. I know because I have had several of them (Uberti’s) most had to go back to the importer for rework or replacement. I now have an 1862 Pocket Police that needs to be sent back to Cimarron Arms for the second time because of a loose arbor, and I haven’t even fired it yet.
A very common problem I have come across with these is the barrel out of alignment with the frame. Have had 3 with this problem.
You can check for it by turning the gun upside down, trigger guard up. Holding the gun out away from you a couple or feet or more look down the length of the gun from the butt end. Two of mine had the barrel assembly angling off to the side a good 6 to 8 degrees. I would guess that Pietta has the same problem.
I’ll bet that several of you that have these small-framed open topped guns have the same defect.
Maybe go for one if the 2nd Gen Colts instead?

I have an 1862 Pocket Navy and Pocket Police and they are both flawless.

The small framed percussion revolvers are usually problematic. I know because I have had several of them (Uberti’s) most had to go back to the importer for rework or replacement. I now have an 1862 Pocket Police that needs to be sent back to Cimarron Arms for the second time because of a loose arbor, and I haven’t even fired it yet.
A very common problem I have come across with these is the barrel out of alignment with the frame. Have had 3 with this problem.
You can check for it by turning the gun upside down, trigger guard up. Holding the gun out away from you a couple or feet or more look down the length of the gun from the butt end. Two of mine had the barrel assembly angling off to the side a good 6 to 8 degrees. I would guess that Pietta has the same problem.
I’ll bet that several of you that have these small-framed open topped guns have the same defect.
I picked up and early 62 Police from Navy Arms and had to file two of the ratchet teeth to get her to cycle properly. I'm sure that's why they had it priced so cheaply in the used rack but it worked out for me after the tune and new front sight blade replacement in a dovetail.
Neat little gun that shoots like a big un !
I've since picked up and fit a second cylinder to the gun and most of the ratchet teeth needed file fitting to the original hand nose.

Attachments

• IMG_2383.JPG
    IMG_2383.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Back