• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2nd Scouting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went scouting again, thought I would take you all along :grin:

[youtube]oix2UYTT608[/youtube]

I recommend you hit the "youtube" button and watch this on a bigger screen. Otherwise the details will be hard to see.

hope you enjoy the video. Sorry they are so poor quality, I'm trying to learn as I go. :shocked2:

Thanks hanshi, I'm hoping I'll get some actual hunting time & i'll try and film something happening. However it is looking vary much like my wife and I will be raising our granddaughter starting in the next week or so. She is lovely but we are in our 50s and she just turned 2! I don't Believe my hunting season is going to go anything like I planned :(

Any new videos you see from me might well be on the theme of old tired grandpa chases after energetic two-year-old
:haha:

I was 47 when our daughter was born. Yep, you are going to be in for a "ride". :applause: :hatsoff:
But, at least when they say at the day care "Your Grandpa is here..."
They'll be right. :wink:

Oh, and BTW, my Dad was 57 when I was born and I have a younger brother...

Be glad it's a girl. My granddaughter was easy to take hunting and make her behave until she got to be 11 going on 16. :shake:

My grandson is 4 and has been a complete handful since he could walk. :surrender:

If they had ritilon when I was a toddler I'd be a junkie. I needed and rec'd a whole bunch of grand daddy arse whuppins though and I am allright :idunno:

Thanks everyone, I'm sure those that have gone through something like this know. As Grand parents we have ZERO say, I have been trying for days and days to get a case worker to just return a call. It is soul crushing dealing with addicts and bureaucrats :barf:

Back to bear hunting

I took my .54 out today. I was thinking she shot sooooo well with 80 grs (by volume) of FFg if I bumped it up to 90 it would go just that little bit more and I wouldn't need to change anything else.

I love this crazy hobby

:nono: That Rocky Mt Hawken wanted NOTHING to do with that load!

Yes it shot about 6" higher at 86 yards, but the groups opened up to about 8-10 inches! I dropped back down to 80 Grains (by volume) and shot dead center. then shot a 3 round group at a gong at 90 yards. You could put a skoal can over the group! I guess I'm staying with THAT load for the season.

Not that I plan on hunting it, but this walked in front of my bow stand two weeks ago that is 250 yards from my back door (yes, I forgot to reset the date & time when I replaced the batteries. Damn technology).

fuqny4D.jpg

And I also snapped a cell-phone image of these two last Friday on my way home after work on my road 1/2 mile from my house.

dFohrn6.jpg

Another month!

Nice video Sean, Where was that? Looks like you where up on the Mesa. By the way did you see we had a bear running down town Palisade today? a couple of blocks from the house, sure got the neighbors going...

Got some texts from my hunting partner about 20 minutes before sun down. (modern rifle :( )

"Bear Down"

"Off the rim, a monster"

"Just heard the death moan"

he is about 2 1/2 hours south east of me & I have to be up in 8 hours and work a 12 hour day Driving in the other direction :doh: Can't get a call through just texts.

It's killing me :cursing: :haha:

Back