• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler SMR shooting help.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel2937

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I'm new to flintlocks. I built a Kibler .45cal SMR kit. I have shot the rifle ( which is a blast!!), I would like some advise on what ball, patch and powder charge combination would be the most accurate? Thank you for the help. ( I'm currently using .440 balls, .010 patch, and powder 40 grains to 60).

Are you using FF or FFF powder? Your rifle may like 3F. A lot of the 45 cal folks use that and have stated it's more accurate. I'm working up a load for a new 45 cal I have. So far I've just used 2F, but next range outing I will try 3F

i use 70 grains of FFF a .445 ball with a .015 patch for targets. 90 grains for hunting

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    1 MB
Back