• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3 months and counting.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halftail

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Just a day or two over 3 months and I'll be able to take up the ol' muzzleloader and head in the woods!I'm counting the days!How much of a wait have ya got?

Here in Tn. our season starts Nov. 1st cant wait. Im gonna try and hunt all season with my flinter this year im also gonna use period correct clothing while hunting (hunter orange on top). My friends think im crazy but oh well it will make hunting far more exciting this year. Last year I got my first deer and turkey with a flintter so this year gonna go for deer, turkey, and boar. Gonna be a blast literraly!!!

Tell me about it. :surrender: I'm going nuts over the summer myself. September 15th for archery and November 3rd in New Hampshire for muzzleloader .

Oct 1 here for the start of archery, day after Columbus day I'll have the new flinter out trying for an Island deer.

Heard rumors they are going to finally let us use our muzzleloader rifles during our shotgun season, so can't wait for that.

Getting short now, Moose season opens on August 20th, But I'll be at work until September 3rd.
What a tease to not hunt opening week.

If you want an animal to be safe around me, give me a bow and arrow... :redface:

That being said, muzzleloading season starts on October 25th and small game on November 8th. I am being as patient as can be expected. I guess I should finish the CVA Squirrel Rifle kits that I have that will go to my girls...

BrownBear said:
Twenty days and counting here. Our deer season opens August 1 and runs through the end of the year.

You're making me really miss Alaska. Moose season is right around the corner too.

I'll be back up there someday.

HD

bigbore442001 said:
Swamprat:

Anything left on Prudence? I heard some bad stories.

Allowing muzzleloaders during the shotgun season would be nice.

I get a lot frowns and shrugs when I ask about it. The quota was low this past year and they didn't reach it so it don't look good but I seen the Island bounce back before.

Can shoot foxes now, squirrel starts September 6, first MZ deer is October 16. Bow deer starts September 15, that's the first big one for me...

In GA. small game starts Aug.15 and ML for deer is OCT.10. I am ready to put some smoke in the air and meat in the freezer.

Mr. Halftail,
Black Bear, Hare and Squirrel are in season as we speak. Moose opens 1st of Aug and Caribou on the 10th of Aug; in our area.
Best Wishes

WindWalker said:
Mr. Halftail,
Black Bear, Hare and Squirrel are in season as we speak. Moose opens 1st of Aug and Caribou on the 10th of Aug; in our area.
Best Wishes

That sounds like Heaven where you live being able to quench your hunting thirst this early.I'm guessin you got a long hard winter to live through.

Back