• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32 flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i built a smr in .32 . just sold it. it was fine shooting.
also built a .30 in flint. it shoots great but my old arthritic fingers play hob with those tiny balls when loading. i get plenty of exercise bending over to pick them up, after dropping them into the snow!:doh:
Use a loading block problem solved

I have hunted with a 32 and shot many matches with it as well. It is a slow 1/66 twist so I shoot heavier than average charges for accuracy. The loading block with well greased patches makes loading easy with no problems when hunting. Also have a less expensive 32 factory rifle that I used to take my city raised nephews hunting. That is a very different story.

Most of my squirrel hunting was with a .32 Crockett and it is a fine little rifle. My current .32 is a SMR flintlock. I have never experienced any of the problems I read about. I simply shoot until I have to stop and never swab the bore until it's cleaning time. Anywhere from 20 to 30 grains of 3F gives nickle size groups at 40 yards if I have a good day. Good days are rare now because it gets harder to see well. At the range I usually load with the wood, underbarrel rod. With a load of 20 grns of Swiss 3F and a .311" ball patched with .024" canvas I get really nice groups. The same loads but with Goex instead of Swiss are also very nice.

Currently building a 32 flintlock, I’ve read a lot of nays and yays, but I’m building it mainly because I want one! If I have any issues loading or cleaning, there’s always a solution.

Back