• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.32 Squirrels...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 32 and squirrels were just made for each other.Great shooting! :hatsoff:

Nice work, Ben. IMHO, hunting squirrels with a ML is the only way to go, especially if you are going to hunt deer in the same area.

Good luck for continued success.

James

Thanks for the comments and compliments everyone! :thumbsup: Here's how those squirrels ended up... in assorted game gumbo! Assorted game meaning it has leftover sharptail grouse and pheasant as well!

IMG_0040.jpg

We do have a miss or two now and then as we try to exclusively head shoot them... You can get tired of pullin hair and bone out of your mouth while you're trying to eat gumbo or pot-pie! :haha: Our rifle is an old Dixie that a friend gave us. It's bore was almost rusted solid, and it had one of the ugliest stocks I've ever seen. But Dad took it and transformed it into a great kids rifle. We call it Lazarus because we resurrected it from the dead! :grin:

Ben

The two of you are doing a great job of Bushytail population control.

Great shooting,Great rifle.Almost forgot great looking Gumbo.yummy

Took my Crockett out yesterday. Two tree rats and a barn pigeon. I just cannot get the hang of skinning squirrels! Always make a mess, I would rather skin a deer or elk!

Ben, have you ever tried shooting .320" RBs from your gun? My .32 loves these with 25gr. 3F. If you want to try some, I can send you 25 or so. I have a two cavity Rapine mould I use to cast these.

James

Back