• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

32cal Crockett vs Turkey?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. Maybe someday I'll be able to hunt an eastern with a muzzleloading rifle. :thumbsup:

PA's not a bad place to find an Eastern. Since they have reduced the deer herd the last few years the turkey's are definitely booming. Don't know if theres a connection between the two. Maybe because the undergrowth is coming back.

Well I hope to be toting a Crockett by next fall season too.

Yep, anywhere from 13 to 37 yards, neck shots. Drops them dead. Furthest shot on anything larger than a jack rabbit was a 65 pound hog at 50 yards, twixed the eye and the ear. The deer kilt with it were all doe. Not sure if I would use it buck hunting or not.

MiCanopy,
I would use my Crockett for deer but in Pa requires that the ML “be a .44 caliber or larger single-barrel long gun or a .50 caliber or larger single-barrel handgun that propels single-projectile ammunition”.

Its amazing how accurate/effective this little ML is. Even when shooting light loads, a .311 dia. RB’s take game very well.
Good Hunting
.690RB

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/browse.asp?a=479&bc=0&c=69912 http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/058/partIIItoc.html http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/058/chapter141/chap141toc.html

CHAPTER 141. HUNTING AND TRAPPING

(b) Flintlock muzzleloading deer season.
(1) Permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt deer during the flintlock muzzleloading deer season with a flintlock muzzleloading firearm. The firearm must be an original or similar reproduction of muzzleloading firearm manufactured prior to 1800. The firearm’s ignition mechanism must consist of a hammer containing a naturally occurring stone that is spring propelled onto an iron or steel frizzen which, in turn, creates sparks to ignite a priming powder. The firearm must have open sights and be a .44 caliber or larger single-barrel long gun or a .50 caliber or larger single-barrel handgun that propels single-projectile ammunition.
(2) Prohibitions. While hunting deer during the flintlock muzzleloading deer season, it is unlawful to:
(i) Use manmade materials attached to the hammer or frizzen to create sparks.
(ii) Use telescopic sights.
(iii) Use or possess multiple projectile ammunition or ammunition other than required by section 2322(a)(4) of the act (relating to prohibited devices and methods).
(iv) Use a device not provided for in the act or in this subsection.
(c) Muzzleloading deer season.
(1) Permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt deer during the muzzleloading deer season with a muzzleloading firearm. The firearm’s ignition mechanism must consist of a percussion cap, primer or flintlock fired design. The firearm must be a .44 caliber or larger single-barrel long gun or a .50 caliber or larger single-barrel handgun that propels single-projectile ammunition.
(2) Prohibitions. While hunting deer during the muzzleloading deer season, it is unlawful to:
(i) Use or possess multiple projectile ammunition or ammunition other than required by section 2322(a)(4) of the act.
(ii) Use a device not provided for in the act or in this subsection.
(d) Regular and special firearms deer seasons.
(1) Permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt deer during the regular and special firearms deer seasons with any of the following devices:
(i) A manually operated, centerfire firearm.
(ii) A bow and arrow as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(i).
(iii) A crossbow and bolt as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(ii).
(iv) A muzzleloading firearm as permitted under subsection (b)(1) or (c)(1).
(2) Prohibitions. While hunting deer during the regular and special firearms deer seasons, it is unlawful to:
(i) Use or possess multiple projectile ammunition or ammunition other than required by section 2322(a)(4) of the act.
(ii) Use a device not provided for in the act or in this subsection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wildatheart,
I do a lot of shooting with the Crockett and for me; it’s one of the easiest ML’s to shoot accurately. This ML is small, thin, lightweight and balances very well. It’s very easy to hold a steady sight picture. Both the Crockett and Kodiak just seem to fit me well (one extreme to the other). With the load I mentioned above, I sighed in using a 6 o’clock hold at 50yds and at 100yds its right on. When I shoot to 125 to 135yds I just hold on top of what ever I am shooting and squeeze”¦...wait for impact. As long as the wind corporates, my son and I can hit 12oz soda cans with regularity. One of these days I am going to a ball shoot over my chronograph at 100yds and get a true velocity. I am even considering putting one of those long brass scopes on it and trying a maxi, PP mini. But for now my RB’s are doing their job well.

Good Hunting
.690RB

Back