• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.36 calibre kentucky kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at Dixie Gun Works and Bass Pro websites. Maybe also look around on ebay or gunbroker.

Are you dead set on a .36 for some reason? Other calibers would also make good paper punchers. Opening your selection to include .32s and .45s, for example, would give you a lot more options.

Hey Jumpshot, cheers for your reply.
I already have a Pedesoli .45 and a great 'little' rifle it is to but it is to short in length for my aging eyes. A 54-57 inch percussion long rifle however is excellent because of the the distance positioning of the sights.
The reason for a .36 or even a .38 is because of range orders. I can shoot at almost any of our ranges if the caliber is 45 or below...over 45 and you are limited. Fedala recommends the .36 as the best of those in the thirty caliber range.
Most of the target shooting here is 25, 50 and 100 yards so 36 or 38 would be ample.

Who is Bass Pro never heard of it mentioned over here.

Have a great day its winter and cold here.
Hookie

Both the Traditions Kentucky and Shenandoah we were discussing earlier are well within your budget and would fit your requirements, with the exception of the barrel being 33 1/2" instead of 36". Is that close enough?

Pedersoli makes a lot of rifles with longer barrels, but I don't know the current prices as I haven't shopped for one for a few years. Everyone says they're going up.

I'd prefer a .45 for 100 yards. Fadala might like the .36 for whatever reason, but don't let that be your only guide. You'll find more choices if you loosen up your caliber requirements a little bit.

Check out[url] www.basspro.com[/url] and the auction sites. Browse Dixie's site, too, they have a lot to offer. Maybe someone else can suggest some places I haven't thought of.

You might want to look at TVM's rifle kit options:[url] http://www.avsia.com/tvm[/url]/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Jumpshot,your suggestions I have taken on board and thankyou for them. As I have stated Traditions cannot export their rifles and if they did the Shenandoah would certainly be one that I would look at.
As I have said the .36 or .38 allows me to shoot at almost any range whereas there are those that put caliber size limits on ranges that eliminate the use of bigger rifles.
I already own a Pedosoli .45 and a great little rifle it is indeed and I have been keeping my eye on Dixies prices....I think what I am really asking for is the names of companies on the net that retail percussion rifles (36-38 Caliber)that we dont know of here in NZ......similar to Dixie.
Have a great day.
Hookie

Back