• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3F in a .54?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What technique were you using on the bench to shoot? Not trying to be funny, would like to know, might help me and others out.
The biggest tip for me was to grip the forestock (just as you would standing shooting) and rest the rifle-holding hand on the benchrest. I had been only resting the rifle on the rest without securing it and was getting nothing groups. This method I am doing quite well 👍🏻

The biggest tip for me was to grip the forestock (just as you would standing shooting) and rest the rifle-holding hand on the benchrest. I had been only resting the rifle on the rest without securing it and was getting nothing groups. This method I am doing quite well 👍🏻
Sounds real simple but I am definitely going to try this. When shooting modern unmentionables, I would lay the rifle on the rest and my left hand was up by my shoulder. I was getting good groups. But with my ml bp rifles, this method was not getting me the desired groups. I can’t explain this but it is worth a try.

Sounds real simple but I am definitely going to try this. When shooting modern unmentionables, I would lay the rifle on the rest and my left hand was up by my shoulder. I was getting good groups. But with my ml bp rifles, this method was not getting me the desired groups. I can’t explain this but it is worth a try.
Same here! It’s because of the lower muzzle velocity and probably as well from the longer delay with cap or flintlock compared with modern guns.

Back